Fishing Trips & Rates
Islamorada and the Florida Bay backcountry are blessed with diverse habitats and abundant fish species.
This makes Islamorada the sportfishing capital of the world.
Fishing Boat Options
Hell’s Bay Marquesa - w/ 115 Yamaha Sho
The Marquesa accommodates a maximum of three adult passengers, or four if twp are small children.
- Half day: $500
- Full day: $750
In the minds of many, the Hell’s Bay Marquese is the ultimate 18’ shallow water technical skiff. It can get you places, in great comfort, other boats cannot.
Pathfinder 23 Deep V
The pathfinder accommodates a maximum of four passengers.
- Half day: $600
- Full day: $850
A rare, hard-to-find center console boat that was only in production for a few years. It would take pages to describe the beauty of this boat.
Most of the Pathfinder’s application lies during the tarpon season, when it’s comfort and effectiveness truly shine. We also use this boat for larger parties when more space and comfort is needed.
Hell’s Bay Whipray - w/60 Suzuki
It’s capable of getting you anywhere a fish can get. The Whipray is a highly specialized vessel that is available only for sight fishing.
- Half day: $450
- Full day: $700
The Whipray is the ultimate ultra-shallow water technical skiff. It is designed for the hardcore sight fisherman—especially fly and light tackle enthusiasts-- or someone who just wants to go super shallow to see what it’s all about.
In determining which trip is right for you, consider the following types of fish that are available or the type of fishing you are most interested in doing.
- Where the Action Is: If there is not a specific species of fish that you are after or a specific type of gear that you wish to use, letting Captain Mark put you on the action is a great approach. With more than four decades of experience fishing these waters, Cockerham has an intuitive sense about where to find fish.
- Family Adventure: The Florida Keys are among the best places in the world to fish with kids. No matter what direction the wind blows out of, there is always a sheltered place to catch some fish in calm water.
- Flats Slam: These are the headliners. Tarpon, permit, bonefish, snook, redfish. The waters we fish are perhaps the best place in the world to target this combination.
- For the Frying Pan: Snapper, Spanish Mackerel, Speckled Sea Trout, and Tripletail. Slot snook (when in season) and redfish are also quite good to eat, but we practice conservation in terms of number harvested
- Brutes and Rod Benders: Goliath Grouper (the big ones get to 500 pounds, but you can target 60-80 juveniles on in channels around the flats), Sharks, Barracuda, and Jack Crevalle.
- & MORE!